Borussia Dortmund boss Hans-Joachim Watzke says the Bundesliga runners-up have had “no contact” with Manchester United over England winger Jadon Sancho.
According to UK media reports, Manchester United want to sign the 20-year-old Jadon Sancho who scored 17 goals and created the same number of assists last season as Dortmund finished second behind champions Bayern Munich.
Jadon Sancho is valued at around 120 million euros ($142 million) and Dortmund have said they have yet to receive an offer for their talented forward who joined in 2017 from Manchester City’s academy.
“So far, there has been no contact between Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United in terms of Sancho,” chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke told Munich-based newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung.
“Not even indirectly or through so-called middlemen.”
“There has never been an offer for Jadon, but there is a certain sum from us as to what should at least be paid,” Hans-Joachim Watzke added, referring to the 120 million euros price tag.
“I don’t expect there to be any problems.
“Jadon has accepted the situation and is a pleasant, fair bloke.”
Borussia Dortmund’s director of sport Michael Zorc says he plans to have Sancho in the squad for the new German league season, which kicks off on September 18.
“I expect Jadon to go to training camp on Monday (at Bad Ragaz, Switzerland) and play with us for the coming season,” added Zorc.
However, the transfer window in both Germany and England does not close until October 5, a date extended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Borussia Dortmund need to handle Jadon Sancho carefully as both former stars Ousmane Dembele and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang forced transfers to Barcelona in 2017 and Arsenal in 2018 respectively by effectively going on strike.
Follow @sportrazzi12 on Twitter to stay updated with trending sport stories